Variable humidity in forced air electric incubator

I would empty at least one, as that is pretty high, and I also would not go off of the incubator's reading. I always recommend using a second thermometer and hygrometer for verification.

Ok, I emptied one chamber and I put another thermometer/hygrometer in there. There's more than 10 degrees difference and more than 10% difference on hygrometer??? Is that thermometer/hygrometer ok?

If you have a medical or aquarium thermometer check it with that after putting it in a glass of ice with a bit of water and making sure it reads 32F. Those thermometers are supposed to be accurate to within + or - 2 degrees, though, I believe.

I don't have one (yet) but I think I figured out the difference? The thermometer/hygrometer on the bator I have tied up so it's slightly above the eggs and the thermometer/hydrometer I've tried sits down closer to the bottom. Would that make a difference?

That looks like a good spot for it there if it's not in the way of the Turner. I would see if you can get the incubators sensors to hang down so they are level with the tops of the eggs. They always tie them up high on the Chinese incubators for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom