Gosling Broken Bill

pomnovice

In the Brooder
Jan 13, 2017
Pennsylvania
Help! My baby ripped his beak on whatever it might have been, something in his enclosure, and he's bleeding. I'm having him cleaned, and applying Neosporin, but I'm not sure what else to do.

If the area was bleeding, as much as you probably wouldn't like to hear this, it would be best to take him to a vet to get a proper check up because beak breaks can be very much a case by case deal. If you decide not to it could possibly heal on its own and will be fine, but by the same token if not properly taken care of could result in permanent beak deformities. Also the beak could become infected and could inhibit the birds ability to eat properly. I'm sure this is sad news, but taking him to a real professional will definitely be the best thing for him.

Hope this helps!
D.gif

If the area was bleeding, as much as you probably wouldn't like to hear this, it would be best to take him to a vet to get a proper check up because beak breaks can be very much a case by case deal. If you decide not to it could possibly heal on its own and will be fine, but by the same token if not properly taken care of could result in permanent beak deformities. Also the beak could become infected and could inhibit the birds ability to eat properly. I'm sure this is sad news, but taking him to a real professional will definitely be the best thing for him.

[COLOR=008080]Hope this help[/COLOR][COLOR=333333][COLOR=008080]s[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=333333][COLOR=008080]![/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=333333]:cd [/COLOR][COLOR=333333] [/COLOR]

I had fixed the break with acrylic and applied liquid bandages, as I learned other people have done, and he seems to be eating and drinking just fine.

Last edited:
I had fixed the break with acrylic and applied liquid bandages, as I learned other people have done, and he seems to be eating and drinking just fine.
I'm very glad to hear that he seems okay! I hope I didn't scare you with my veterinarian recommendation, but as long as he's eating and drinking alright, although it may take some time to grow back fully, I'm sure he'll be just fine. Especially with a caregiver who cared enough to take to the internet to learn more!

Hope this helps!
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom