Feed Question: Starter vs. Broiler

jennyf

Songster
Apr 24, 2016
Missouri
Cornish X newbie here. Have been feeding New Country Organics. Feed store gave my husband a bag of Starter at 21% instead of the Broiler at 19%. Is it ok to use or should I take it back? They are 5.5 weeks old now and we'd go through the bag in about a week. I'm seeing folks using much higher protein here with success, so hoping is ok to use up a bag of Starter? I had just switched them from Starter to Broiler about a week ago. Thanks!

I think it would be fine to use the 21% Starter. The extra protein will help them grow faster; the only possible problem that could arise is too-fast growth causing leg problems.

Thanks for replying! I put about half the bag of starter in the freezer for the next round of chicks in several weeks. So should only be using it for 4-5 days and then back to Broiler (I hope).

Cornish X newbie here. Have been feeding New Country Organics. Feed store gave my husband a bag of Starter at 21% instead of the Broiler at 19%. Is it ok to use or should I take it back? They are 5.5 weeks old now and we'd go through the bag in about a week. I'm seeing folks using much higher protein here with success, so hoping is ok to use up a bag of Starter? I had just switched them from Starter to Broiler about a week ago. Thanks!

Hey Jenny
DId you use the New Country Organic broiler/grower feed?
was it a good feed?

Back
Top Bottom