Who here is a Garden Lover?

chickensrock12

Songster
8 Years
Sep 22, 2015
Utah
So, I want to start a vegetable garden/ flower garden. I'm having a tuff time. Last year I tried to have a garden, but my kid kill all of them and we planted way to late I learned. Does anyone have any tips for me. Like how to plant them, how many, how far apart, how much will I get, and how do I keep them safe? I want to plant a verity of vegetables with flowers to attract bees. Is this a good idea. I have a small garden bed, big enough to hold 11 vegetables/flowers.
idunno.gif

Thank you I looked at it. I told my kid he will lose the Xbox and Wii U if he even touches them. I learned some stuff and planted Yesterday night. I checked this morning and a couple of them sprouted. I got some advice from that website and it said cut off a peace of all of your seeds to get water in them and it also said you should get a sprout in less then 24 hrs.

I have a small garden also, my son, who is 21 months old loves to "help". At one point he was pulling plants out because he saw me weeding and tried to help. I let him water and that kept him busy. I don't know the weather where your at but it's safe I believe to plant some cool weather crops now. I'll start with some radishes, they grow fast, about a month and their ready to harvest.
I don't know how old your kid is but harvesting something that quick should keep him or her interested. Pulling the radish out of the ground is also good fun.

Also try some lettuce and spinach, they will give you continuous harvest until weather gets too warm. Just cut the leaves off when you need them, don't cut the whole plant. They will keep growing. Happy gardening!

HI every one we are new to BYC love gardening wanted to introduce ourselves not sure what we're doing or how this works

Last edited:
I love gardens. Flowers and vegetables. I always help my fiancee plant her flowers and I'm currently starting my own vegetable and herb garden. I have some fennel planted and several seedlings growing to transplant into the garden as soon as their big enough. I also already have some rhubarb growing from last year. My fiancee has a very beautiful little flower garden started as well. I started a new thread in the gardening forum where you can follow the progress of my garden and see pics as I go along.

I have been gardening for years still have trouble with some plants i have started growing some exotic snap melons from india this year but my passion fruit vines are trying to take over the yard so I'm going to sell the extra vines.

Hi, new from Fulton, MO. I have a garden every year and so far, everything is growing good. I have big flowers on my tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and melons. We only grow what we eat as a lot of it got wasted last year. I also grow a lot of climbing vine flowers on the chicken fence and around the garden. Love my chickens and garden.

HI, gardening in globe AZ. I have an apple and peach tree. Grapes, raspberries, watermelon,cucumber,tomatoes, cantaloupes,peppers,green beans,yardlong beans,trying gourds,zucchini,pumpkin and several different flowers growing. So far I made a zucchini cake and cupcakes. I shared my peaches with friends and neighbors. Oh I also have strawberries. I planted some Passion flowers but nothing came up. I will start more seeds in the fall.

Back
Top Bottom