Presenting You My Ruffed Grouse

We have these (wild) on our farm! About 10 or so years ago, a neighbor had one living in the woods behind his hunting cabin. I kid you not, that bird would run out and greet him every time he walked by that patch of woods. It would stop and let him pet it!

I have spotted a wild one on my property in missouri several times recently. They sure are interesting little birds. I enjoy having it around. The Missouri Dept of conservation said there hadnt been a confirmed sighting in my county in decades.

Wow he is so wild,Hahaha.Have you worked with him to keep him calm?Are you planning on getting him a lady friend?
In N.H.,Tony.
I certainly worked to calm him down, and he did so quickly! And no, I'm not planning on getting him a female. A reason behind this is since I was informed by the breeder who gave it to me that male and female ruffed grouse can't be housed together in the same pen, regardless of how big their enclosure is. In this scenario, males and females will need to be separate. Because I only have 1 cage available, I can only have 1 ruffed grouse - Again, male and female ruffed grouse can't be in the same enclosure, so he sent me one grouse.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom