Moving Baby Chicks

katie10

Hatching
Mar 22, 2017
Hi! I have 10 baby chicks living in 2 classrooms at school. We were planning to move them out at Spring Break on March 31. However, now we are getting nervous especially since the Georgia weather is all over the place. They will be 5.5 weeks then. What are your thoughts. We will be able to put a heat panel in there but then I worry about them being too hot. My friend and I would appreciate all the help/advice we can get. We are new chick mamas.

They should be fully feathered by now and not needing heat. If you still have heat on them, start weaning them off it now. How cold is it getting there? Honestly I don't think it will get that terribly cold for them as long as they're dry and not in any strong drafts.

They should be fully feathered by now and not needing heat. If you still have heat on them, start weaning them off it now. How cold is it getting there? Honestly I don't think it will get that terribly cold for them as long as they're dry and not in any strong drafts.
Ditto Dat^^^

I would love to know how you managed them in your class for weeks. I brought my new chicks to school. Everyone loved them, but I kept shushing the kids, when it was the chicks making the noise! haha - we put them in the hall, they were such peepers.

I agree with the above advice, they are more than ready as long as they have shelter out of the wind.

Mrs K

Back
Top Bottom