Thoughts?

nickabocker

Chirping
Apr 16, 2014
Hello everyone,

I haven't posted in a while but I think I'm in need of some help. I recently made the decision to hatch a batch of eggs this year and built two styrofoam incubators. I picked everything up for a good price but I am confused if I did something wrong. One incubator cycles perfectly every couple seconds and according to the thermometer is maintaining 99 degrees. The second incubator however also works but cycles way less often and has a two degree variance 97-99. The only thing different is placement of the thermostat as well as cord used to power my fan. My specs are as follows

1st fan power 12v - 300

2nd fan power 12v - 1.5a (tried lower but can hardly spin maybe spinning to fast?)

1st thermostat fan----->thermostat---->light

2nd thermostat fan----->light---->thermostat

My spacing is identical between the light and thermostat. Maybe I am over thinking this but I feel it should cycle nearly the same as the first one.

I'll edit this post with a video link shortly.

Last edited:
I am using the water heater thermostats in both. I understand a little variance. Ok what about this could my fan be to much in the second incubator? Can that hurt the eggs? I don't receive the eggs until Tuesday next week so just kind of want to get them stable as possible

Last edited:
My incubator thermostat turns on at 98º and off at 101.5ºmy thermometer on the eggs reads 99.5 constantly. I think you will be fine

Back
Top Bottom