any ideas?

ggarden

Chirping
Feb 2, 2017
Hi

I have 12 Rhode Island Red X Light Sussex Eggs which are on day 22 today, how long should i leave them?

one has hatched and one other started trying to hatch yesterday but he seems to have stopped, there looks like a hard jelly on the egg, is this normal?

Thanks very much

Hi

I have 12 Rhode Island Red X Light Sussex Eggs which are on day 22 today, how long should i leave them?

one has hatched and one other started trying to hatch yesterday but he seems to have stopped, there looks like a hard jelly on the egg, is this normal?

Thanks very much

What was the date you put the eggs in? Did you candle the eggs about day 18? What has your temp been staying on for the incubation?

Hi

Thanks very much

No, it sounds like the humidity was too high and the egg has excess fluid that is drying or has dried. I would pull that out and check it. It may have suffocated on the excess fluid.

They were put in on 2nd if this month, I didn't candle at day 18 temps been 37.5 and humudity 45 on day 18

I stopped turning and increased humidity to 70 it looks like he has died and has not fully formed

Only one has hatched and the other 10 have not :(

They were put in on 2nd if this month, I didn't candle at day 18 temps been 37.5 and humudity 45 on day 18

I stopped turning and increased humidity to 70 it looks like he has died and has not fully formed

Only one has hatched and the other 10 have not :(

Have you ever checked the accuracy of your thermometers/hygrometers?

Have you ever checked the accuracy of your thermometers/hygrometers?

Hi yes I checked them regularly now I have 3 thermometers/hygrometers in the incubator and they all read the same

It is a Chinese no name incubator that I had these eggs in and the temperature is not stable compared to my new brinsea so I assume this has not helped :(

Thanks very much

Hi yes I checked them regularly now I have 3 thermometers/hygrometers in the incubator and they all read the same

It is a Chinese no name incubator that I had these eggs in and the temperature is not stable compared to my new brinsea so I assume this has not helped :(

Thanks very much

My sister, actually my nephew had one of those. It sucked real bad. I tried to tell him what incubators to stay away from, he turned around after that and bought the digital lg. Between what he paid for the two, he could have had a decent Hovabator.

Do you monitor air cells at all?

I have much better hatches at 30% humidity. Higher than 40% for my standards doesn't let enough moisture out.

Back
Top Bottom