Nugget

strangeBUNCH

In the Brooder
Mar 24, 2017
Boise, Id
Some one please help in identifying the sex of nugget our golden seabright. Thank you!!

It is really hard for me to tell. We have a 1 year old golden Sebright hen named Primrose. Sebright's are hard to tell the sex of because, as you may already know, the males have hen feathering, and lack the long sickle, saddle, and hackle feathers that males normally have, making them look about the same until their combs come in. The male Sebrights will have much larger combs than the hens, as to be expected with roosters. I am going to guess cockerel, since the comb looks a little big for its age, but I think that you will just have to wait for the comb to grow out and look for signs of crowing, mating, or nesting depending on its sex. Good luck with this little cutie!

Got nugget from a local hatchery here in Idaho. We believe it to be 5 1/2 - 6 weeks. New to backyard chickening but absolutely love it! Got nugget the same time as 2 black sex links. My is our little seabright small in comparison!! Thank you for the help and hope to continue gaining more knowledge!!

Back
Top Bottom