What are my chicks??

mamato8chicks

In the Brooder
Mar 20, 2017

Enjoying some beautiful outside wing stretching weather. Going to be moving out of brooder soon. Can you tell me what we have??

You have three red six links, three that are barred rocks if they have single combs, and two I suspect are porcelain d'uccles.

Better pic maybe? I know my two blue ones are bantams, didn't know there was different sub breeds haha. This is so exciting. I'm so in love!

Definitely red sex links and barred rocks for the large ones. The bantams I still can't quite tell, can you get an individual picture of them?

[/IMG]

Rooster. He's a flighty little sucker. Not very friendly at all yet lol

Hen. She is very much reserved when away from him, but together they cause a lot of drama the two of them
1f602.png

welcome-byc.gif

Your barred Rocks and sex links are all girls.

the one d'uccle is a rooster, and I'm thinking the other is a female, but keep an eye on it.

Bantam simply means a small chicken, there are still several breeds of bantams. I'm pretty sure yours are d'uccle, and the color is porcelain. Nice finds for feed store chicks
smile.png

:welcome

Your barred Rocks and sex links are all girls. 

the one d'uccle is a rooster, and I'm thinking the other is a female, but keep an eye on it. 

Bantam simply means a small chicken, there are still several breeds of bantams. I'm pretty sure yours are d'uccle, and the color is porcelain. Nice finds for feed store chicks :)

Thank you!! They were random straight runs, I knew the one had to be a rooster, he looks so different than the hen, and is very flighty all talk lol. I'm excited to watch them grow!!

Back
Top Bottom