My Elvis ( a remembrance story )

Elvis-Silkie

In the Brooder
Mar 25, 2017
This is Elvis.

He is my rooster. He is full of personality. He always comes running to see me when I get out of my car. He always clucks at me and mutters happily when I throw out treats. He eats out of my hand. Sometimes his aim is not so good and he gets my hand or fingers instead, and does this twisty peck thing, which kinda hurts, lol. He follows me when I come outside (mostly, I figure, to see if I'll go get treats), and he's a soft fluffy guy.

11 days ago, my dad calls me. My chicken flock resides on my dad's property, so he helps to care for them sometimes.

It was not a good call.

My favorite chicken, my Silkie rooster, was eaten by a fox.

I'm not gonna lie, I cried. I loved him. I got him May 21 of last year. I had always wanted a Silkie, and I told myself I would name him Elvis, 'cause he'd be fancy and that's a fancy name.

He was my first Silkie, and he was a great rooster, and I will always miss him.

I am so sorry for your loss I know what it feels like to lose a great chicken they are all so special. Its why Its so hard when they go. I still miss my favorite buff orpington Patton.
hit.gif

Sorry for your loss. Elvis sounds like he was a great guy.

chicken hugs.. he was a beautiful bird..
i've had 2 close calls with my girls.. one was mauled by a dog.. survived, came home without a tail.. and one was grabbed by a hawk just last week.. luckily too fat for the hawk and dropped..
i cried from the close calls.. my heart breaks for you.. <3

Back
Top Bottom