New chicken owner in Texas

jenn2350

Chirping
Mar 26, 2017
TX
Hi there. I just started my backyard flock here in north Texas. We got 5 chicks, hopefully no roosters as we are in the city, and they are all between 4-5 weeks old. So far they are still in a brooder box in the garage, but I hope to move them to the outside coop/run within a week or so. Excited to learn and meet fellow chicken people!

Greetings from Kansas, Jenn, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you in our community!
The Learning Center is a treasure trove of useful chicken info - check out the articles!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
And you can chat with fellow Lone Star poultry folks in the TX thread of this link:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread
Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!!
wee.gif

Greetings from another first timer in North Texas! We got 19 we are on week 7, finally moved them outside yesterday. Loving every minute and the people on here are so helpful with us first timers and all our endless questions.
1f609.png
Good luck!

Greetings from another first timer in North Texas! We got 19 we are on week 7, finally moved them outside yesterday. Loving every minute and the people on here are so helpful with us first timers and all our endless questions.
1f609.png
Good luck!

Hi and thank you!
Wow, 19 is awesome. I can't wait to move ours outside for more than just their daily play time. I already love it and wish I wasn't limited to just a few.

Hi and thank you!
Wow, 19 is awesome. I can't wait to move ours outside for more than just their daily play time. I already love it and wish I wasn't limited to just a few.

Well I ordered 15 5 of 3 different breeds with the thought of I would sell a few, then they had some at the feed store when I went to get supplies and I grabbed 5 of a breed I wanted but would have had to wait 6 weeks. One of my day olds passed away for some reason no pasty butt and was fine the night before. But we were taking them out on nice days for an hour or so and they had so much fun. So, now they have a huge house and now we have to get the run done, but they were getting too crowded. So now they have lots of space! And love it...

Well I ordered 15 5 of 3 different breeds with the thought of I would sell a few, then they had some at the feed store when I went to get supplies and I grabbed 5 of a breed I wanted but would have had to wait 6 weeks. One of my day olds passed away for some reason no pasty butt and was fine the night before. But we were taking them out on nice days for an hour or so and they had so much fun. So, now they have a huge house and now we have to get the run done, but they were getting too crowded. So now they have lots of space! And love it...

Looks good, I'm sure they are very happy! Thankfully all of mine have been healthy from the start I was worried about that.

Welcome to BYC! I hope you like it here and learn lots!

Thank you!

G’Day from down under jenn2350
frow.gif
Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom