Rental plucker in tx?

prayingcowgirl

Hatching
Sep 8, 2015
Conroe, TX
We are north of houston, tx, and are wondering if anyone in the area knows of a way to borrow/barter/rent a plucker? We are getting meat birds for the first tine...also, any recommendations on the most realistic plucker to build at home for cheap?

I built a Wizbang Plucker for about $400. It's a good design and it's always easier to troubleshoot something you built vs bought. The motor is probably the most expensive part. I got a freecycled treadmill and used drive motor with the treadmill control circuits. Works pretty good!

Last edited:
I know this thread is from several months ago but I am also outside of Houston looking to rent a chicken plucker. This is our first time raising chickens. We had a rental lined up but it has fallen through and now we have chicks! We would need it June 1st though the 3rd.

We are north of houston, tx, and are wondering if anyone in the area knows of a way to borrow/barter/rent a plucker? We are getting meat birds for the first tine...also, any recommendations on the most realistic plucker to build at home for cheap?
did you ever find a place to rent the pluckier, i am in Hockley and possible getting some chickens to raise

Just found this old thread. Any chance you still have a plucker available to rent? We're in the Houston area (Grimes County)
Unfortunately they have not been back online since 2017 so I highly doubt they are going to respond... But you never know.

Back
Top Bottom