HELP!!! My hen has bubbles coming out of eye!

ChampionChicken

Hatching
Apr 11, 2017
i noticed this morning she had some small bubbles in her eye, around her eye was wet and had dirt in it. is it just dirt she is trying to get out of her eye? is it a respiratory infection? what can i treat this with?
hit.gif

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC. It could be a sign of a respiratory such as mycoplasma (MG,) with the dirt in her eye, it could be from that. Can you rinse her eye out with saline or water? Look for any crusted drainage around eyes, nasal drainage, sneezing, or gasping.

Her eye got worse, it's swollen and had bubbles covering her eye. She is sneezing and gasping a lot, she does have crust around her eye. I gave her a bath and rinsed her eye.

Can you find a TSC or feed store near you, and get some injectable Tylan 50. It is an antibiotic and can be given orally 1 ml for 5 pounds twice a day. Give 1.5 ml if she is closer to 7 pounds.You will need some 3 ml syringes plus 20 gauge 1/2 inch needles. I recommend orally since Tylan can cause irritation and muscle damage at the injection sight.

She is a nankin hen how much will be needed for her? Can It get better by its self? I have been useing "VETRX" "promomotes heathy upper respiratory function" will that work?

Do you know how much she weighs? A kitchen or postal scale would work, or you could weigh yourself holding her, then subtract your weight to get an estimate. Give Tylan 50--1/2 ml orally twice a day for 5 days for less than 5 pounds, 1 ml for 5 or over, and 1.5 ml for 7 1/2 pounds. VetRx is an herbal oil mixture that has been around for sale for a long time, and is similar to Vicks. Some people like it, but I haven't used it.

Last edited:
Pleo san klebs eye drops is a natural homeopathic - you could order it i think some vendor via amazon has it
worked great for me or one time my vet gave my Rusty rooster this other one vetropolycin drops

Back
Top Bottom