Memorial day hatch a long !!!!!!!!!!!!

Ancona Ducks

In the Brooder
Mar 14, 2017
For duck eggs set on 5/3
For chickens set on 5/10
If you would like to do another type of poultry you can I don't have the dates to set because I specialize in ducks and chickens. Thanks for joining. Good luck. P.s if there's typo in the dates post me and I'll fix them not the best day counter.

Once all your chicks are hatched there will be a cutest batch of chicks contest in this thread. What you do is take a pic of your batch of chicks I will judge them. There will be 1 2 3 places. Your prize is the gratitude of winning . Also if you need any tips for hatching this is the place to ask them.

We are in....
IMG_4052.JPG

My Pet Chicken is supposed to deliver my hatching eggs this week? Still waiting....My hubby is in the hospital, so I sure hope it stays sunny & warm.....so they'll stay warm on the porch until I get home.

Hello, BYC friends! I'm happy to join in! I ordered some Svart Hona eggs, and Silver Sebrights, but then I found some Appenzeller Spitzhausens and a Dwarf Olandsk-Cream Legbar cross that I really had to try... so I got another incubator. LOL. And built another brooder.

But then the generous sellers gave me so many extra eggs!! I have 31 eggs and the incubators are made for about 10 each. I thought about just setting the best ones, but I can't bear to toss out possible chicks, so I am going to fit extras in the hand-turn incubator, and then remove any that don't show development. These are shipped eggs, some porous and many with wobbly air cells, so I am probably looking at a 50% hatch rate, at best.

I have a broody Sebright right now, but she is busy trying to hatch a couple of Orpington eggs which are due next week, so she can't help me out.

Good luck to all!

-Cerise

My eggs are in Cleveland Ohio - enroute - hoping Monday, they're saying delivery by Tuesday. At least one day to settle the air cells. Hoping for lots of healthy chicks! I hatched out a bunch last month, only four made it this far. They so needed a broody, had a power bump while I was at work and only four made it. No heat. Hoping for a broody, and I'll setup a battery backup if not. I never want that to happen again. Crazy wind storm, at least my power came back on - neighbors had to wait a week.

The eggs are on Day 4, divided between two incubators - one with an autoturner, and one hand-turned (but I didn't turn until today, because the shipped eggs needed to settle).

I decided to candle one egg from each incubator, and each has a gorgeous spiderweb! If things keep going well, I may have a couple dozen chicks or more for this hatch-a-long!

How is everyone else doing?

Back
Top Bottom