Problems with SPAM?

Talithahorse

Songster
11 Years
Mar 5, 2012
Hartselle, Al
I am not sure where to post this but I keep getting redirected to shady website asking me to update my java. Is anyone else having this and who do I let know about it as I am sure it is not part of BYC.

Thanks

BYC doesn't use Java. There is either a problem on your system (most likely) or possibly a problem with malicious advertising (less likely). Do not install that Java.

BYC doesn't use Java. There is either a problem on your system (most likely) or possibly a problem with malicious advertising (less likely). Do not install that Java.
I am not installing it and just recently did a thorough cleaning of my system. I was wondering whether others were having the same issue as this site has been hit before. Thank you for your suggestions and ideas. I am also curious as to how to report any kind of suspicious activity for future reference.

@Talithahorse can you take a screenshot of what you're seeing next time it comes up, please?

Ya, that seems kinda sketchy for sure.

I doubt it's coming from BYC since we don't serve anything like that and we haven't received any other reports (usually when there's bad stuff we get flooded with posts and emails).

I'd suggest doing a thorough clean of your computer, anti-virus, malware detection, etc.

Of course, if any other members are seeing anything similar, please report it here immediately so we can review. We definitely take security very seriously!

Ya, that seems kinda sketchy for sure.

I doubt it's coming from BYC since we don't serve anything like that and we haven't received any other reports (usually when there's bad stuff we get flooded with posts and emails).

I'd suggest doing a thorough clean of your computer, anti-virus, malware detection, etc.

Of course, if any other members are seeing anything similar, please report it here immediately so we can review. We definitely take security very seriously!
Thank you very much. I seem to be getting it pop up less and less and will continue to complete a good cleaning of my computer.

Back
Top Bottom