A few eggs slightly wobbling (Day 21) in incubator

mustlovebirds

Hatching
Apr 20, 2017
This is my first time incubating chicken eggs (or any eggs) in an incubator. I've seen a few eggs slightly wobble (one 24 hours ago, and not since). Help! I'm like a nervous wreck.

Can they be pecking through without any movement?

I've not heard any peeping. Temperature has been steady. Humidity is about 74 % (If our hygrometer is correct) I've seen so many conflicting suggestions on what humidity to set on), so I just followed the Hovabator recommendation guide and filled troughs 1 & 2.

I don't know how many times I've looked in this incubator- but it's bordering on obsession!!

I am working on my first hatch right now too using a hovabator! I did the same as you and followed the instructions, filling troughs one and two. On day 20.5, I saw some movement (I thought, but staring at an egg long enough makes you see things I think, lol). Then nothing. But then in the morning when I woke up after dreaming about hatching eggs (seriously), 3 had pipped! And then they started hatching like crazy! We are up to 11/14 hatched right now! I'm awaiting the others. Ours went from nothing to something pretty quickly. Some of them pipped and then took forever to hatch while others pipped and hatched pretty quickly. Each one was different. Just keep waiting! It'll happen! :)

Thank you!! That is encouraging. I'm doing this in my classroom, so 23 kids and I are super anxious. Finger nails will be very short after these next few days!!!

Oh absolutely. I caught myself staring at them for a solid few minutes during my plan time. I'm going to need glasses from all the squinting to see those slight movements.

Oh my goodness, Mustlovebirds! I'm hatching in my classroom also!!! My kindergarten students are soooo excited! We've had 15 successful so far, but last night a storm knocked out the power and the chick that had zipped was still in the egg when I went to check this morning. I helped it out.....I don't know if it's going to make it or not
1f937-1f3fb.png
♀️ I still have several eggs still in there but I really don't have a lot of hope for them

Jackievonn we had 15 hatch, too! (After all that worrying, haha) . We had storms, but thankfully no power loss. I was afraid I might have to help one hatch, as it looked like it might be shrink wrapped in the egg, but she thankfully got out. We have 5 eggs left that we are watching, as we had seen two of them move a few days ago... but I'm not optimistic this late.

What grade do you teach? Have your students been as excited as mine have been?? They just can't stand it! At center time I catch a lot of them going over and just looking.
I candled my eggs that are left and I have movement in 3 duck eggs, nothing in any others.....I guess we'll let them stay for a few more days!

Back
Top Bottom