Standard Buff Cochins

horsekeeper

Crowing
13 Years
Jan 26, 2011
Middleburgh, NY
I have been finding it difficult to locate any standard size buff cochins from breeders. Who has hatchery cochins and what is their quality like? I'm trying not to end up with something that looks like a leghorn with feathered legs. Show quality isn't necessary, but I would like to have a backyard flock that is the right size and shape to start with. Any recommendations? Pictures would be great if anyone has buffs.

I have buff cochin bantam hens from murray mcmurray no they aren't LF but they are gorgeous, good feathering on the feet conform to body type pretty well, they are a little smaller than my other cochin bantam hens but they are nice.... I will post a picture tomorrow when I get home from work

I have buff cochin bantam hens from murray mcmurray no they aren't LF but they are gorgeous, good feathering on the feet conform to body type pretty well, they are a little smaller than my other cochin bantam hens but they are nice.... I will post a picture tomorrow when I get home from work

Thanks. That would be helpful. It is the one thing I don't like about McMurray is that they don't have pictures of their actual birds.

My cochin bantams that I got from them I was and am really impressed with. Very healthy birds and hearty which can be a problem with hatcheries where their birds could be a little more fragile... and of course they are gorgeous

I have a LF buff Cochin cockerel from McMurray. He is gorgeous, has so many feathers I didn't catch his curled toes.

For feathers alone I would recommend McMurray for this type. I will upload pics tomorrow. This little guy is the favorite of my neighborhood, shame I'll probably end up putting him in a pot.

I have a LF buff Cochin cockerel from McMurray. He is gorgeous, has so many feathers I didn't catch his curled toes.

For feathers alone I would recommend McMurray for this type. I will upload pics tomorrow. This little guy is the favorite of my neighborhood, shame I'll probably end up putting him in a pot.

How is he for size? I am hoping to improve the size of my current birds.

I can't tell, he was born 2/14/17 and I've not raised many Cochins so I don't know how he rates. He does have curled toes though :( Regardless, I am going to keep him to get a couple chicks with my Buff Laced Brahma once just for the heck of it. I think he looks good for a free McMurray Cochin; he's a fluffy butt.

Back
Top Bottom