Confusing illness peachick

iky114p

Songster
6 Years
May 23, 2016
Hi just had first egg of the season hatch in my bator heres a pic
the thing is its normal healthy apart from 2 days ago i heard a flapping noise in the brooder upon looking the peachick was laying on his back eyes closed no movement open beak heavy breathing i picked it up and it could not even hold its head up i thought his dying i dipped its beak in water after which i layed it down it continued with the open beak heavy breathing then after a couple of minutes it was fine up and running this was 2 days ago just now the exact same thing happened i did the same thing now his fine any idea what this could be im totally confused his eating fine any help would be deeply appreciated thankyou

Hi. I haven't bred my birds yet, so please take my thoughts with a grain of salt. If your hatchlings have contact with other birds it MAY be something called Newcastle disease, or a respiratory illness called ILT. If these can be ruled out the bird may have a congenital problem? Again, please take my comments lightly. Cheers.

Hi. I haven't bred my birds yet, so please take my thoughts with a grain of salt. If your hatchlings have contact with other birds it MAY be something called Newcastle disease, or a respiratory illness called ILT. If these can be ruled out the bird may have a congenital problem? Again, please take my comments lightly. Cheers.

:thumbsup :goodpost:

Back
Top Bottom