My first call ducks!

GldnValleyHens

Crowing
5 Years
Apr 21, 2017
Galena, Illinois
Hi! I have a question for y'all. I have owned my six sweet little calls for about 4 weeks now, and have figured I have 2 snowy, 2 butterscotch, and 2 black bibbed. Two are MUCH bigger than the rest, while another is bigger than the smallest two, but they are all the same age. Could the bigger ones be the males? Do males grow faster than the females? That would mean I have maybe 3 males.
hmm.png

Hi! I have a question for y'all. I have owned my six sweet little calls for about 4 weeks now, and have figured I have 2 snowy, 2 butterscotch, and 2 black bibbed. Two are MUCH bigger than the rest, while another is bigger than the smallest two, but they are all the same age. Could the bigger ones be the males? Do males grow faster than the females? That would mean I have maybe 3 males.
hmm.png
@RavynFallen

@WVduckchick

Hi! I have a question for y'all. I have owned my six sweet little calls for about 4 weeks now, and have figured I have 2 snowy, 2 butterscotch, and 2 black bibbed. Two are MUCH bigger than the rest, while another is bigger than the smallest two, but they are all the same age. Could the bigger ones be the males? Do males grow faster than the females? That would mean I have maybe 3 males.:/

My 12 are only 4 weeks old, and are different sizes too. I think Ravyn told me that the females are generally smaller, but since you got different colors, the parents could be different sizes, producing varied offspring. So I wouldn't necessarily go by size.

I was told the earliest sign is their voice. The girls are loud! One of my females definitely found her quack! The females have louder quacks, the males are more low peepers, squeakers. :)

Would love to see some pics of your babies!

My 12 are only 4 weeks old, and are different sizes too. I think Ravyn told me that the females are generally smaller, but since you got different colors, the parents could be different sizes, producing varied offspring. So I wouldn't necessarily go by size.

I was told the earliest sign is their voice. The girls are loud! One of my females definitely found her quack! The females have louder quacks, the males are more low peepers, squeakers.
smile.png

Would love to see some pics of your babies!
lol, one other way to describe the males is they smoked a few packs too many

So can you guys help come up with names for my boy calls? I am thinking Jasper and Gus for two, though not completely sold on Gus. I don't know what to name my black and white male. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom