names

I love naming our chickens!

We have named ours:
Peggy Carter
Kara Zor-El
The Cavalry
Carol Danvers (she turned out to be a rooster)
Death (after the Neil Gaiman character- she's the friendliest of all our chickens)
Amy Pond
Rose Tyler
Rincewind

We're getting a new batch of day-olds in a couple weeks, and I'm already trying to brain storm a new set of names
yippiechickie.gif

This is one of our favorite things about having chickens. My grandchildren name our chickens. Crimson, Clover and Red; they are Rhode Island Reds. Chirper, Chirpette and Sweetie are Dominiques; Chirpette turned out to be a rooster. Lady, Princess, Cocoa and Ginger are an Easter Egger, Sicilian Buttercup and Lady's two babies (half Speckled Sussex). Speckles, Brownie, Spot, Gurly-Gurl and Crazy-Gurl are our Speckled Sussex chickens. We are incubating again this year. They are due to hatch today, but last years' hatch was a couple of days late, so these probably will be too. If I had read forum answers before the hatch I would have adjusted the incubator temperature. I didn't realize the thermometer could be off...oops.

Lady Mary, Lady Rosemond, Lady Violet, Mrs. Hughes, Mrs. Patmore, Poppit, Ms. Lorena, Ms. Moneypenny, Dorothy(Dot). My new chicks for this season (hold on I have a lot
1f633.png
): Maudie, Millie, Vera,Sage & Olive, Clara, Daisy, Tiffany, Baby & Robin, Brigette, Coco & Simone. Unfortunately my tiny little Lakenvelder, Pearl, died this week.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom