Drug interactions

Kedreeva

Longfeather Lane
13 Years
Jun 10, 2010
Michigan
Does anyone here know if metronidazole and ivermectin can be given the same day? I gave my girl her ivermectin injection for the spring today but given her yellow stool today, after a bit of looking into it, I'd like to give her a dose/treatment run of metronidazole as well.

Last edited:
Metronidazole so .... blackhead .. ? ... Symptoms : white diarrhea .... moves slowly ... no longer perches to sleep.
I thought it might be a seasonal illness ... especially late summer or autumn.

Lethargy, yellow goopy poop, not wanting to eat or drink, general weakness. She went to her shelf to sleep but doesn't want to lie down, she just stands there falling sleep on her feet.

Lethargy, yellow goopy poop, not wanting to eat or drink, general weakness. She went to her shelf to sleep but doesn't want to lie down, she just stands there falling sleep on her feet.
You can give metronidazole with ivermectin, but ivermectin is not a good de-wormer, so you might want to think about something else.

Thank you. Turns out it's neither - she somehow found a sewing needle (god only knows where, I don't sew? I don't and have not ever owned a sewing needle) and a button (again, something I don't even keep in the house for this exact reason) So she's going in shortly for surgery to get them removed. Wish us luck :(

Thank you. Turns out it's neither - she somehow found a sewing needle (god only knows where, I don't sew? I don't and have not ever owned a sewing needle) and a button (again, something I don't even keep in the house for this exact reason) So she's going in shortly for surgery to get them removed. Wish us luck
sad.png
fl.gif

@Kedreeva , how did the surgery go?
They did an endoscopy, thinking they could just reach in and grab, but it's too far down for that. They did clear something gross from her crop, and she ate and drank last night after the anesthetic really wore off and the painkillers were still active, so at least she won't dehydrate in the meantime. But, she goes back tomorrow morning for actual surgery so they can remove the other objects with cutting instead. Not ideal, but hopefully all will go smoothly and she'll be good as new soon!

I've got her bedroom on a live stream right now so I can keep an eye on her at work, and my friends are reporting in on what she's doing when they have time to check, and my dad is there at the house in case we see something, and trying to offer her water... unfortunately she HATES my dad, and tries to kill him if he gets too close to her
roll.png
At least she's feeling ok enough for murder...

I'll post tomorrow when I know how the second surgery went. Thank you for asking!

Back
Top Bottom