Leg Paralysis in my Bantam Rooster

cristab85

Hatching
Apr 25, 2017
Have a Batam Rooster that is 6 almost 7 weeks old and leg foot has some paralysis to it. Have seen the vet and says that it could be nerve damage and prescribed steriod shots that we have been giving twice a day. He seems to be using the leg a littler more. Anyone else have this issue before? I have seperated him from the rest of the chickens so that they do not pick on him. I am just curious what could have happened. The other chicks seem to be fine and loving life in their new coop! Any suggestions what else to do for him. TIA
D.gif

Have a Batam Rooster that is 6 almost 7 weeks old and leg foot has some paralysis to it. Have seen the vet and says that it could be nerve damage and prescribed steriod shots that we have been giving twice a day. He seems to be using the leg a littler more. Anyone else have this issue before? I have seperated him from the rest of the chickens so that they do not pick on him. I am just curious what could have happened. The other chicks seem to be fine and loving life in their new coop! Any suggestions what else to do for him. TIA
D.gif
Hi
frow.gif
Welcome To BYC

Do you have some photos or a video of your little fella?
Any obvious swelling or lesions of the hocks, joints or feet?

I'm not a vet, so would have to go with what they are saying. Nerve damage I suppose could have happened during development in the egg.

Offer him some poultry vitamins that contain Vitamin B2(Riboflavin) or crush a human B-Complex vitamin and add it to his chick starter. B Vitamins are essential for leg health.

Let us know how he's doing.

So I did a little research on here and came across another post about their hen having the same issue and it was decided that it was a vitamin B deficiency. So I called the vet and he decided for us to give him a .10cc shot daily off Vitamin B Complex for couple days and also add some vitamin to his water and see if we seen any improvement. As of this morning you would never think anything was wrong with him. His foot is back to normal. He has feeling in it, using it scratching in the grass, walking on it like nothing was ever wrong with it. He is doing great and I am so very thankful!

Back
Top Bottom