Coop Decor

clothespin

Chirping
9 Years
Mar 17, 2014
I just finished adding a design to the outside wall of my coop! My husband (finally) finished the coop and it was freshly painted...

I used a redwork embroidery image I found on Pinterest, inverted the colors and then my husband used a projector to put the image on the side of the coop after it was dark outside. Then, I used sewing chalk to trace the design onto the wall. A few days later, I used exterior paint to paint the design. I'm planning on adding some baby chicks next to her, but for now, I'm good. And, also continue on the coop clean up/remodel (between flocks at the moment)...

What fun decorations have you added to your coop?

(original redwork design)

Last edited:
I don't know about a stencil. This lady is big! But, you can take the redwork image and do the same thing that I did. Really wasn't that hard, I think it took me 4 hours to paint her.

It's just nice to be able to share a bit of fun that was my own idea and that I didn't copy from someone else!

agreed! thats the most fun. when you think outside the box and do something that came from your own head! just like my chicken crate light above my island. they all thought i was nuts, and let me tell you it took some serious negotiating to get him to install it up there. but you know what? i get more dang comlpliments on that crate than anything else in my house! i cant wait to see the end product after you add the lil chicks after her!!

I'm just getting started on my coop and run but like how it's turning out so far.

Back
Top Bottom