!!!!EMERGENCY!!!! WHAT SHOULD I DO???

HannahZuni

In the Brooder
Mar 4, 2017
Hi I have a problem! I hatched 6 little pheasant chicks but that same day I got about 30 chicks. I put the peasants with them a day after they hatched thinking they will be fine. Next morning one is dead and the other one has something wrong with it's leg and does not like to move. I moved it to a different box and gave it chick starter feed with water just to moisten it up and he will eat a bit but only if I put him in it. Tonight two days after we put him in the coop I gave him water with a little bit of sugar, and he is VERY sleepy, after his injury he was really tired. I am afraid that he could have dislocated his leg or something I will try to post a pic of him on my instagram by tomorrow. silk_silkie1 Is there anything I can do to help him or is there something I am doing wrong.
barnie.gif
fl.gif
I really hope I do not have to cull him

I came in this morning him and another two had died
hit.gif
I still have three had two hatch in the bator 1 had all his guts out so I culled him to not make him suffer and the other one is still in the bator, but when i took the empty shells out i saw something. There was this kind of white liquid at the bottom and then I saw the other's that had died and they also had a liquid in them. Could it be that they were missing something? I gave them food and water. I separated the other's from the chicks in a separate box with food and water, this is my first time what could have happened????
sad.png

I just checked on the one in the incubator and he has this red thing behind him what do I do??? Is he going to die, he was just fine like an hour ago what could have happened???? Please someone help me
hmm.png
th.gif

Do you have an automatic turner or do you turn them by hand? It sounds like maybe bacteria got into some of the eggs... Can you most pics on this thread of the red thing?

I have always turned them by hand, always washing my hands before and after handling the eggs. I was not able to take a picture of the red thing but I found something like it but not exact the yellow here would be blood red and it was just dragging it. I had one before it and it had the same thing it hatched had the red blob behind it and died about two hours before the one I am talking about.

That's its yolk sac, it hasn't been absorbed yet, if that happens to a chick, it will not survive. Check the temperature with a thermometer thats calbrated. Premature hatching is usually due to temperature being too high.

My temp was 100.5 I had 6 that hatched well but ten when I moved them with 1 week old BO's and Austras 2 got smushed and 1 got stuck between two boxes and the silkies killed him so I have 3 that are fine. I thought that a yolk sac would be yellow not blood red.

Back
Top Bottom