Sears RoeBuck FarmMaster Incubator Info Needed

monarc23

Coturnix Obsessed
11 Years
Jul 18, 2008
Indiana, Pennsylvania
Hi there guys,
I need some help...has anyone got any information on the Sears Roebuck Farm Master Incubators? I know people still buy and use them and I will be getting one myself here very shortly!
smile.png
ya.gif
Anywho, the owner of it is telling me that they stepped on the plug so we have to buy a round screw on 2 prong plug to attach to the cord to make sure it works. That's fine and all, but after I hung up hubby is like "well.... what kind of plug, does the voltage matter..?" etc. I mean if worst comes to worst I can call him back and ask ha ha but I already asked him a ton of questions and he's an older gentleman I'd rather not bug him too much.
smile.png
The pictures of the incubator he sent are awesome!!! I think im going to strip the staining on it off somehow and make it look more antique-ish but i'm not sure yet.

He also said it can easily hold 100 eggs, however from what I read online....they can hold several hundred???
smile.png
If he's wrong on 100 and it can hold MORE than that oh boy am I in heaven! However if it can only hold 100 I still want it lol.

VERY cheap price for it i'd say $125 dont ya think?
It's model number 228 and serial number 8 - anyone got any info on this specific one? I know it's prety old (like 70 years old).
Heres the pics:
DSCN0416.jpg

DSCN0417.jpg

yippiechickie.gif

WOW!!!
ep.gif
that is beautiful! I can't wait to hear everyone chime in with details...
caf.gif
(Nope...don't think you'll be needing the sportsman!
lol.png
)

Last edited:
I just love those old wooden incubators. I'm almost done building a "retro" cabinet incubator myself. I kinda modeled it after one of the old Buckeyes. I even found an old cast iron Buckeye nameplate to install on the front. It's about the size of a Sportsman, and finished in urethaned red oak. As much as I want to, I'm not gonna post pics until it's done.

I hope you have the best of luck with your "new" old bator. With a little elbow grease it will lok like a piece of fine furniture.

thanks guys, thats deffinatly the plus about it is it'll be pretty and have a purpose! LOL! What's crazy is he sitll has the extra bulbs and wafers with it as well!

I'm still really curious about egg capasity im so mad i can't find anything online about it. Someones selling one on craigslist in another state for $850 and it holds something like 500 chicken eggs, or 250 goose eggs....it loks exxxaccctly the same...... so im hoping that that's the case with this thingalinng
big_smile.png

I had one just like this one pictured. Mine was an old Sears farm master also. I paid $150. for mine and sold it for the same amount last summer. Mine would hold 400 eggs. It did hatch out the chicks, not quite as good as the sportsman, but it worked well. Mine had pull out levers on the hatching trays to turn the eggs. I would pull the lever out and it would roll them, push it back in and it would roll them again. Pretty neat really. I was told when I bought mine that it was made out of Mahogney wood, but hubby says it was pine. They are big ol' heavy things! I think you got a great deal.

Quote:
Oh my gosh! thank you soo much for this info! The way you discribe it is the SAME way he discribed it to me (even the turning thing), he told me what the wood was too, but i forget now, I think he said Pine or oak?? Either way doesnt matter its' pretty lol! I am almost POSITIVE now that the inc you had is the inc im getting!!!!

Big hugs to you for this information
hugs.gif
!!!!!

oh and wanted to add about it being heavy, he said it's something like 200lbs ugh! LOL!

Quote:
I know, I kept hearing about people buying these when I first joined BYC a few months ago....and I was thinking ot myself, i'd never be lucky enough to find one of those......i guess i was wrong!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom