Post your Duck names!

Pics

nettie

Enslaved by Indoor Ducks
11 Years
Nov 20, 2008
Chicago, IL
Someone had posted a topic in the chicken section of BYC ab out their unique chicken names... it inspired me to start that topic here... So go ahead and post your duck's names!

I'll start, My brown runner MingMei (pronounced: meeng- may) was named by my chinese roomate. Her name means smart and beautiful in chinese.

My other duck is named Victor... Which isn't all that weird of a name, but the funny story is in why we named him that. My duck is named after a chinese gangster. When we first got him he was very, well aggressive/fiesty maybe? he constantly tried jumped out of his brooder, he bit ming mei who was bigger and older on her butt constantly. He ate voraciously, and used to have this problem with biting the lip of any person he could get close enough to. My finace said he was a tough guy like this chinese gangster he used to know named victor back in high school. lol. The name stuck... (Go figure he's a biggest baby now, he's super snuggly, doesn't nip anymore, and he runs form his own shadow).

So what about you guys? Why did you name your duck what you did?

Last edited:
My 4 y/o son named our two pekin babies Toot and Puddle. He watches too much TV. But they are pretty good names for ducks, since that is basically what they are all about...toots and puddles!
lau.gif

Puddle on the left, Toot on the right. (pardon the 'toots' in the pic...I just cleaned their box out!!)
PICT0290.jpg

We have 4 new baby cayugas with no names yet, and 4 adult pekins, 4 adult rouens, and 2 adult cayugas, all nameless. They look too much alike to be able to tell them apart, so they are just 'the quackers'.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
My Blue Swedish pair are Quackers and Spotty, named by my 6 year old. Their genders were unknown when we got them but he got Quackers right! She is very vocal!
The Khaki Campbell pair are Pat and Leo, named for a couple who go the same church as we do; Pat and Leo Campbell! LOL

My duck's names are in my signature. I went with a 3's Company theme. Someone else on here also named their critters after old sitcom characters... Ginger, Mary Ann, Mrs. Howell.... LOL

Miss Matilda Pekin Duck
Gramma Grey
Marlys
Annie-Annie
The Quack Sisters- Lady and Lassy
Freckles
Silver Lady
Mobert
Gumby
Hugo
Dexter
Drake the Drake
Mister Debby
Butterscotch
Smudge
Jeannie
Minerva Cambell Duck
Katy Call Duck
and
Sir Duck (husband of Lady Goosie)

Yacky - Khaki Campbell hen, sometimes just quacks for no apparent reason
Aretha - Chocolate Runner hen (occasionally loudly demands RESPECT, and gets it too, cause she is a really dear sweet soul, she looks after all the other ducks, and if they are missing she is concerned)
Bridgett - Welsh Harlequin hen, spunky, inquisitive, friendly
Gabrial and Raphael - Fawn and White Runner drakes, whose wings are so beautiful when they stretch them out.

Khaki Campbells:
Bobber and JackQuack (drakes)
Java-Jive, Zippy, Gabby (ducks)

Black Cayuga duck: Blackberry (though as she gets older and more white feathers sprout, she's more like "blackberries and cream"!)

Back
Top Bottom