Myers Meat Varieties

willheveland

Songster
11 Years
Jan 29, 2008
southern tier,NY
Has anybody bought from Myers Poultry Farm in PA (not Meyers in OH).
I got a catalog in the mail from a Myers Poultry farm the other day.I have never bought or heard of them but they have a good selection of meat birds.They have White Cornish,Red Cornish,Black,Grey,multi/striped Color Range Breeds and Kosher kings(barred) prices look pretty good.
The catalog reads that their Color Range Breeds breeding stock comes from France. I'm not promoting these but if you want to contact them for a catalog:
Myers Poultry Farm
966 Ragers Hill Rd.
South Fork,PA 15956
(814)539-7026
[email protected] no website that I could see. Will

Will I hate to tell you Myers doesn't hatch anything, they are only a drop shipper for birds.

The line of rangers they carry are probably from JM. I've ordered birds from her but got really good deals as she has good pull with certain hatcheries.

Her name is Diane Myer and she is a great person to deal with... she specializes in Capons (cornish x).

Honestly I wouldn't waste my money if I was you. Last time I checked she mainly uses Meyers Hatchery based out of Polk, Ohio.

Good luck,

Yes, I seen they carried capons.I wasn't sure about them because I had never heard.But I thought being closer to me may have been a advantage.Their prices seemed cheaper than Jm's.I was hoping they were a small hatchery that wasn't charging for alot of over head.No wonder they have such a variety. thanks Brunty

Well, I just got off the phone with the woman there, and it sounds like they DO hatch at least some of their birds. I wanted to pick up chicks, since I'm close, and she said the 4/6 hatch was being shipped direct from another hatchery (I'm pretty sure that must be Meyer's), but that she had a 5/5 hatching at her place with several breeds, and I could pick up then. I'm getting the Ameraucana, SLW, and Buff O. This is my first ever chick order, so I can't tell you anything about quality--I'd love to hear others' experiences.

Her quality is good and she is a great person to deal with but I'm not sure she hatches. She may pick them up at a hatchery and bring them to her house and resell.

I know she gets really good discounts as she is reliable, but as for quality you won't be disappointed.

If you see Diane when you pick them up tell her Jeff Brunty said hi.

Good luck with them.

Thank you so much--I couldn't find much info on them, and I'm glad to hear you've had a good experience. Being new, and ordering so few birds, I just want to feel confident that I'll most likely be getting healthy birds that are fairly true to the breed standard (not for showing or anything, just utility--i.e. laying the average number of eggs for that breed, having the average personality for that breed, etc.). It sounds like I don't have to worry so much. Thanks.
smile.png

p.s. I will try to rememer to tell Diane "hi" from you if/when I see her in May!

Last edited:
I'm new to the Back yard Chickens site, and I came upon the posts about Myers Poultry Farm in PA. I have ordered all of my chickens from Diane Myers and still do. She has a great variety of birds and great prices. She does deal with other hatcheries and it sounds like she has a good business relationship with them (probably being why she has a good pull with them). She is a honest and reliable person to deal with and i've had great success with her birds. I would highly reccommend Myers Poultry Farm for someone looking for small or large quantity.

Myers is an excellent place for chicks. I purchased 50 cornish cross and have not lost one. From day one until now (about 6 weeks old) they have been great! I will definitely buy from them again! Their place was clean even with all the birds they had there.

Back
Top Bottom