HELP, BLEEDING CHICK IN EGG /WHAT DO I DO?????!!!!

pefferlawchicken

Songster
10 Years
Feb 22, 2009
ontario, canada
ok so its day 23 and all my other eggs have hatced but this one , its had a small hole in it for about 29 hours , so i pulled a little bit of shell back just a little so he could breathe ( i know its stupid im kicking myself) but he has veins and hes bleeding , not to much but a little more the good , so i wraped him up in a wet warm paper towl and put him in the bator , what can i do so hes ok ???????
sad.png

He should be OK. But watch him. He still may need help getting out of the egg. Just don't help too much or too early or he may bleed again.

Wow, that's pretty bad. So this is like the cardinal sin of hatching chicks... but dry him out. That'll dry the blood vessels so he won't bleed to death. Then get him wet and help him out all the way. He definitely wasn't ready yet.

Quote:
No, the veins dry up and fall off. During incubation they were necessary for oxygen and nutrient transportation, but now that the chick has working lungs and a working gut so they are no longer necessary. As the chick hatches they dry up and break off. But if they break too early the chick bleeds to death.

Back
Top Bottom