Weasle...my cat got him

rooster0209

Songster
11 Years
Apr 7, 2008
North Dakota
Yesterday I found a dead "something" by the coop. It was not the usual flicker tail gopher. Lizzy the great huntress is always back in that corner of the farm hunting. When DH got home he confirmed the "something" was a weasle.

Not for sure which cat got it, but my money is on Lizzy. She is always bringing gophers from the corn field in that area.

what a good girl, wish mine were that good
big_smile.png

you, my frirend, have an excellent huntress! what a tough cat! she's got backbone, i tell ya!

we had out old cat, Scratch, bring home a CRANE
ep.gif

do you know how HUGE a crane is? REALLY BIG!

but a weasel, that shows some skill and bravery! bravo, kitty!

Ooohh! I want your cat. I need a fierce and mighty hunter/huntress. We are being overrun with small predators. Unfortunately, the larger predators make having cats around here an impossibility. It would just be cruel. The few cats that have survived any length of time around here are all scarred up with missing ears and various other body extremities.
sad.png
But still... I'm having cat envy.

rooster0209 can i barrow Lizzy, my cat brings home bunnies and squirrels. i really cant o into detail of any kind as to how he brings them home because it is to gross. i wish that my cat would o for gofers and mice
what kind of cat is Lizzy

Lizzy is just a grey tabby. She also likes to show us the big rats she catches by leaving them on the deck. In her dog house there is a squirrel tail from a catch this winter. Here is her getting treated like a princess during her christmas photo shoot.

IMG_0909.jpg

I also have a male tuxedo cat, PC that will sit and wait by a pocket gopher mound and will catch them. He cleared the yard of them last year. All my "barn cats" are well fed and pampered...also all spayed and neutered...and do hunt well. They also soak up their fare share of sunshine and beg for food at any given opportunity.

JUST a grey tabby!?!? Shameful---she has lovely mittens and a bib.

I think that her her 4 waking hours per day are well spent.
woot.gif

One of MY cats (Artemus aka "Mr. Kitty) brought a young (not adult, yet) rabbit in the house, to share. Not a MARK on it! I think he scared it to death!

What good kitties we have!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom