White Easter Egger?

Pics

GAchick

Songster
10 Years
Apr 29, 2009
Pembroke GA
I have 8 five week old chicks that were sold to me as Ameracaunas(Easter Eggers). All beautiful shades of gold and brown, except for one little gal (guy?) (S)he is all white. Definately has the green legs, though. How weird is that??

I have one that is nearly white.
The one in the middle here:
22119_dsc_0753.jpg

And in the foreground in the middle here:
22119_dsc_0812.jpg

We also got fooled by a white one! We had a box of mixed chicks from Ideal, and I couldn't find the second EE in my order. I thought the chick filling in with white feathers was a male brown or red sex link send by mistake. I kept waiting for a big red comb and wattles to develop.

I took her out when she was about 5 weeks to take her picture to see if anyone here could tell me what kind of bird she really was, and it was only when I got her out from under the red light bulb in the brooder and downloaded the pictures into my computer that I noticed her legs were green!
roll.png

Mystery is her name, although she's no mystery any more!

Not weird at all. We have one named Winter who started laying olive eggs yesterday. When we got more chicks we purposely looked for another white one so she would have a buddy.

I received 6 EE's from MPC. 3 were brown but with none of chipmunk stripes that I was expecting. 3 were a cream color which totally threw me since all I ever saw on here, well that registered in my brain, were EE's that started out a brown chipmunk stripe color. Even the ones I saw at the feed store looked like a box of chipmunks. I was actually kind of excited to get the lighter ones. To be honest I only bought three EE's for the egg color, I never liked their looks much (I received 6 by accident). But I do like the looks of the cream ones. White would be really cool too.

Below are the 3 cream color ones and 1 brown at about 3 weeks on their first scary trip outside. They are 4 weeks now and have the same coloring as verlaj's EE's head but all over their body. Kind of a white & buff mix of feathers.

24095_img_5607.jpg

24095_img_5610.jpg

Back
Top Bottom