Dunlap Hatchery

Yard full o' rocks

Songster
10 Years
Mar 24, 2009
Cartersville, Georgia
Does anyone have any experience with Dunlap Hatchery in Caldwell, Idaho? Website shows that its a family business, since 1918. Must phone or fax orders in....lady on the phone seemed very helpful. Before I order, was wondering if anyone has dealt with them before and what their experience was. THANKS

I've not ordered from them directly, but a customer of mine uses them for ordering birds and swears by them. Customer service appears to be terrific.
smile.png

Yeap they do have a website. Dunlap Hatchery in Caldwell, ID. The parents of my roommate have been ordering from them for several years. The customer service is terrific and the chicks have developed wonderful all this years.
wink.png

Hi, we ordered from Dunlap and just got the babies in, they give ya extras, vacc for Marek's is .10c/each, 1 day delivery to CA. Would recommend. The order taker did not know that organization (humane society of usa) is trying to stop postal service from mailing chicks. and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I have used Dunlop exclusively. Great service, healthy birds, usually a few extra's in the shipment. I believe they sent their last order out for the season. At least for layers. 208-454-0006

They are just down the road from me. I have been in and out and all around their place. It is super well maintained/run. Very clean, very expereinced staff. I buy a lot of birds from them and have never lost one. Their Columbia rocks are really nice and they have been breeding them for generations. I don't know if you can get any more this year though. I got one on accident this year he was so beautiful, every customer who came to my farm wanted to buy him, I will be buying more on purpose next year.

Hi, I live just down the road too. They are just a little hatchery, very Mom and Pop. They are friendly and helpful and I have always had healthy birds from them. I get almost everything from them. Very good prices and they have specials at certain times of the year. Worth coming down for. They had ducks for 2 dollars apiece, went like crazy. You can't get some of the rarer birds.
I don't think they are breeding anymore this year. But feel good about buying from them.

Back
Top Bottom