Wellsummers

catfish/okie

Songster
10 Years
Jul 13, 2009
west of I 35 south of I 40
smile.png
:)If you look behind a baby Wellsummers eye And its got a little slash like an eyeliner its a pullet. If its got a dot its a rooster. A guy buying chicks at Orchlens told me that so I bought 3 with slashes and they turned out to be pullets. And 1 with a dot and it was a rooster. So it worked for me.

smile.png
:)This did work for me. I had to get rid of my rooster so I gave him and 2 pullets to a friend I work with. So with some luck next spring I can get some eggs that I can hatch so I can test this again. I hope this statement does not make me a dummy!

Last edited:
Gosh, and here I have been using the V on top of the head successfully for such a long time and never looked for that little dot or slash. I always just looked at the V, more distinct is a pullet and less so is a roo. Hasn't failed me in all this time.
Glad to know about the dot thing as well.
frow.gif

My 6 yr old daughter has 3 wellsummers and she named one Valentine or Vacation (depending on the day) because of the V on the head. That makes me excited in hopes for a pullet. They are 4 weeks old now, is the "V" or the slash/dot still a valid way to tell the sex?

Back
Top Bottom