Fireworks and Chickens

rstampa

Songster
10 Years
Jun 18, 2009
Tampa, Florida
As the holidays approach there is an concern question I have. My neighbors love to set off fireworks, I mean the big stuff. They do it at every holiday. The noise is frighting loud. It even startles me at time. Like bombs are going off. So my question is will my chickens have a heart attack and what can I do to help them.
Thanks for any suggestions.
idunno.gif

Last edited:
A couple of months back we had a HUGE thunderstorm here, and it was right overhead. It sounded like we were in a war zone and bombs were going off all around us. After the thunder and lightning stopped (it seemed too dangerous to venture out during the violent storm), I checked on the birds, who had been in their coop. They seemed fine.

fireworks, massive explosive bonfires and automatic weapon fire grace every single holiday around here. Christmas, new years, the 4th, labor day, memorial day, Easter, mothers day, fathers day.... you get the picture.

when we know there will be a lot of noise we close new animals in the barn or coop. after a few hours they get use to the noise and ignore it. well not my old horse because fireworks seem to fascinate him. I wonder if his vision is going a little bit and the fireworks are bright and shiny to him.

Thank you all for your experience. So I need not worry then. My girls go in their coop nightly but I leave the door open. The nights here a nice this time of the year so I don't like to coop them up.
ya.gif
lau.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom