How much do guinea fowl cost?

PrinceSandwich

Songster
10 Years
Nov 11, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I know someone who has some guineas for sale. Hes selling them for $25 ea. So my question is, how much do they usually:confused::confused: go for? is 25 bucks to much?

Last edited:
I have seen them for about $10 for adults in my area and about $5 for babies. I guess it depends on where you are and how bad you want them
hu.gif
I personally wouldnt pay that much, not when I could get 25 babies for the price of a few adults from a hatchery.

Here in Colorado guineas produced this year are about 10 dollars. Next spring guineas held over winter will be much closer to 15. I dont think they often go for 25 but you shouold chek the market where you are.

Oh if you were closer to me, I have a dozen that I would gladly sell at $25 each. I sell keets for $5 and those around 4 months old for $8. I have no problem getting rid of them, so maybe I should raise my prices.

The most I paid was 12 bucks for a Guinea. It was a Pied strange color and I just really wanted it.

I sell off my 8 week old s (the males) for 5 to 7 bucks depending on their color and health.

I would not go with an adult Guinea unless you have a good number of them to teach them the ropes about

your place.

Quote:
ya i think its a little to much too. But its just i don't know where else to get them?? Besides the auction, they seem to go quite a bit less there.

I sold my new keets for $5 each and then after a few weeks they went to $7 each (they eat like pigs when not free ranging) and if someone bought five, I gave them the sixth one free.

You didn't mention what variety of guineas is for sale. That can make a difference. Perhaps that is a reasonable price for the more rare varieties but I would say it's high for Pearls.

God Bless,

Back
Top Bottom