BradnKellie

In the Brooder
10 Years
Oct 28, 2009
Highland City, FL
My coop:

43663_att13317.jpg

43663_att13319.jpg

Built this last January. I am currently adding on. We live in Polk County near Highland City. Have 5 Black Stars and 2 Araucanas. Just moved 6 RIR into my new outdoor brooder pen and have Butler Bob Whites in the incubator.

Hey! I'm in Lakeland, FL too. And brand new to this forum. Good to see our town listed here in the forums. I love the coop you made. We can't have chickens in our neighborhood, though I want them badly. The next house we live in I will make sure we are allowed chickens.

Anyway, just saying Hi really.
smile.png

Howdy, neighbour!

We, 2 adults, 18 chickens, 9 ducks, dog and a cat are happily sharing an acre of land in North Lakeland.

Before we purchased the property, I specifically called zoning and verified that chickens, AND roosters are allowed, and even have an email response from them as evidence. Their letter is pretty vague though, it only says that "Polk county does not enforce deed restrictions", which we don't have, deed restrictions that is.

My roos are only three months old now, so we'll see when they start crowing. My goal though (in order not to upset the neighbours) is to have a roo sleep in a pet carrier in a laundry room. We'll see how that works out.

HI! I'm in Lakeland too......I'm a 3 month newbee and I am actually helping some breeders for the knowledge. I hope to become a breeder of ornamentals, especially Silkies, Sulans, and Polish....and Bantams ( I have an eye for a little bantam buff orpington, he follows me around the coops and he will sit on my shoulder) I just love those little bantam roo's (any kind) So small, but so much fight. :)

I am in Highlands County and just found out from local zoning office my property is zoned R1 residential and no chickens allowed. Not happy.

Back
Top Bottom