Miss Nettie made shoes for chickens!! UPDATE !! BUMBLE HEALED!!

LilBizzy

Chicken Storyteller
11 Years
May 20, 2008
Maryland
Nettie had a post showing shoes she made for her duck with bumblefoot. I had asked if it could be modified for chickens, and she wanted to give it a shot. I sent pictures and measurements of chicken feet, and she sent me a pair of shoes. They are AWESOME!! Made out of the same stuff wetsuits are made of. We are in the process of testing them, and they may need a few minor tweaks, but for not having chickens, she did a great job.
The shoes were not too dificult to put on.
Chickenshoes001.jpg

However, you do need a helper, and you need to make sure the helper is holding the chicken securely. My helper was not:
ChickenshoesOW.jpg

Chickenshoes003.jpg

Chickenshoes002.jpg

After putting the shoe on, while hubby was cleaning the blood off his face, neck and chest, I took a video of Laurel walking with the shoe on: Click to view:

Part 2, scratching and acting like a normal chicken:

She walked thru very wet grass and mud puddles, and her foot stayed dry. Stay tuned, this is the first day of testing.

Last edited:
That Nettie! She never ceases to amaze me!

Poor chicken with her bumblefoot...poor hubby with his bumbleface, looks like you have alot of doctoring to do! I hope both have a quick recovery!!

Oh my gosh! That first vid is so funny! Just watching your RIR checking out Laurel's foot!
lau.gif
I just about died laughing. She's all like: Girlfriend! What happened to yo foot??!?!?!?!
lol.png
Just too funny! And a great idea too. Careful though. Soon they'll all want a pair!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom