Looking for Giant Cochin Breeders!

osukrazykate

Songster
12 Years
Apr 10, 2009
Not too far from Keystone
I am looking for some Cochin breeders. I recently lost my whole flock of Chickens, except a MF D'Uccle Rooster, Mr. Survivor as he has become known as. I had many cochins, but they were all the bantam variety. I recently got some standard Cochins, Golden Laced and am looking for more Standard Cochins. If anybody will be having some eggs here soon that would be great, like in two weeks would be best. Or have a good deal on some laying hens. Would like some Mottled Hens, Buff Columbian, or Blue. Thank you!

Kate

Last edited:
Give me a year
wink.png
I'm getting partridge cochins in the fall. Already have one and we fell in love with cochins! So now we want more

What happened to your flock?

Quote:
That sounds like some of the varieties I am looking for to work on or use in other projects. I am wanting to work on the Blue Laced Red Cochin standard and the MF Cochin (bantam and would possibly like to work on it in Standard/Giant). So I am looking for Blue(or splash), Buff Columbian, Mottled and possibly the GL.

Hi we purchased blue cochins last year we did not actually end up with any true blues but did get several splash hens and will have some eggs available later this year. I am also looking for other cochin breeders especially those that have show quality stock or even someone who could recommend a good hatchery to purchase standard cochins from. I am really wanting to order a bunch of chicks this spring but really want to make sure they are excellent quality.

Quote:
hehe, yeah that doesn't really tell you too much. Sorry, I am in Oklahoma, close to a lake called Keystone, which is right outside of Tulsa. Lake Keystone is famous for having three large rivers from the US that feed into it or something like that that my DH keeps telling me.

So do you sell eggs then for hatching?

Quote:
Have you guys gotten snow yet? We have had a blistering cold wind here the last several days, but no snow.

Oh I almost forgot to ask when do you normally start back up with sending eggs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom