Rhode Island White Thread

Pics

Flippacase

Songster
10 Years
Nov 6, 2009
Massachusetts
This is a thread devoted to the Rhode island white...NOT THE RHODE ISLAND RED. They are separate breeds and I hope everyone knows that. This breed seems to be pretty uncommon as I have only seen like two other people on this site with them.

Both comb styles are accepted.

Post some pics of your RIWs or any information about the breed.

I'll Start...

Here is Gladyss

44131_tweet_glad_001.jpg

Quote:
If by accepted you mean for purposes of this thread that's your call.

If by accepted you mean accepted in the Standard with other than a rose comb you're mistaken. Rhode Island Whites are a rose comb only breed in the APA Standard of Perfection. There are people with single combed white birds that they call Rhode Island Whites but they have never been admitted to the Standard in single combed form.

R.I. Whites have always interested me and hopefully I'll get some, someday. I will say that while Single combs are not accepted in the APA, the ABA DOES accept them. They are on the inactive list, but if you have an older ABA standard, you can see the complete description.

David

Quote:
So pretty! Chris09 is going to be all over this thread. He told me he wants to get his grubby little hands on some. (with rose combs)

lau.gif

By the end of next year I believe I will have a breeding trio.
wink.png

There is something about brick shape birds I like.
I will all ways think that Rhode Island Red was/is the best breed of chicken ever bred but the Rhode Island White and Dominique are not to far behind...

Chris

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom