Ancona Chicken Thread

Pics

Nava

I Got The Naked Neck Blues
10 Years
Aug 2, 2009
Ocala Fl
Hi, i was looking for more BYC members with Ancona's and there in not a lot of them,or i did not find them or a thread
So i decided to do it, I love this Breed,they have a nice size white egg, and mine is laying a lot, I only have one hen and one roo,but i have 15 eggs in the incubator, and 5 chicks in the brooder, i want to get a good size flock. well i hope i'm not the only one here.

here is my little flock of two
lol.png
and some baby chicks.

38176_anconas_010.jpg

the other chicken was a cross from my oncona and a leghorn,she is a really good layer

38176_anconas_005.jpg

ancona chicks

38176_anconas_015.jpg

38176_anconas_014.jpg

38176_anconas_013.jpg

Last edited:
I LOVE the look of the Ancona, it is a breed I will have one day. They have wonderful qualities like, great white egg production, beautiful Mottled Coloring, excellent foragers and free rangers. Great breed. I just have to get moved out of this city so I have more room.

I just got 3 ancona girls in March (MM sent and extra girl) Can't wait to see what they are like grown up they appealed to me.

32511_1004100086.jpg

most recent pic

Last edited:
herechickchick; yes they are great egg layers,and very beautifull color I love my anconas

Kipepeo; there is only two anconas in the pic right?
well, i would like to know how they turn out too,keep us posted,just purty i tell ya,just purty

Quote:
yes only 2 in the pic with a splash andalusian and a cochin only pic I found when going through the bunch I took

oh, I just loved how big their eggs were and they laid every day. I got rid of my trio because the girls never shut up
lol.png
. Every time they would go to the nesting boxes they would make so much noise and get ALL the other hens going to that I thought it was fair to my neighbor. They put up with all my roos, didn't see a reason to make them put up with that too (they were driving me crazy too
tongue.png
)

I have both Rose comb and Single comb Anconas. They are somewhat flighty but not too bad. I enjoy them. I'll post pictures on here when I get some more time to get pictures taken.

David

Rock N' Faverolles :

I have both Rose comb and Single comb Anconas. They are somewhat flighty but not too bad. I enjoy them. I'll post pictures on here when I get some more time to get pictures taken.

David

can't wait for the pics.
pop.gif

My dad has them and has had his flock for close to 15 years now. A varmit took out some hens over the winter so he is down to 3 hens and a rooster now. But I got eggs in the bator for him. He loves them.

Back
Top Bottom