Marsh Roll-X Incubator by Lyon - User's Thread

Scott

Ozark Bantams
12 Years
Apr 11, 2007
Southeast Missouri
I noticed that there aren't many posts about the Marsh Roll-X incubator. I'm sure there has to be several people on the forum that use the Roll-X, so I thought I'd start a thread for users of this incubator. I'm use the Lyon Roll-X (RX2) incubator with an automatic turner, and I've currently got 64 call duck eggs in my Roll-X. I purchased this incubator last month. So far, I've been very pleased with it. I thought this thread might give other Roll-X users an opportunity to share their experience with this incubator. For those unfamiliar with this incubator, here is a photo...

rx_with_eggs.jpg

Oh, and there is also a great instructional video here...

Last edited:
Quote:
I actually bought it used on craiglist... I got a good deal on it. Plus it included an additional thermostat, wafer, and two additional egg grids.

No one else own or use this incubator? I think the price scares most people away, but is certainly nice if you hatch a decent amount of eggs.

Hi,

I was reading your inquiry and now i read that you hatched out call duck eggs in this roll-x and I need your help on incubating call eggs. I have 8 pairs of call ducks and this is my first year trying to hatch them in a incubator. I hear ups n down on the gqf incubator hatching calls and its not good. So have you had good result incubating call eggs in ur roll-X incubator? I don't want to spend money on it if its not worth it and every tip would be appreciated. I don't want to lose any eggs if i can help it.

Thanks,

Chris

I have an older model Roll-X than the one pictured. Mine has a plastic water bottle with a long neck that sits in a hole right in the corner of the lid. I love this unit, though I have had to change the wafer. I bought it used though, so who knows how old the wafer was when I got it.

I love that it has the clear lid, the fan and the turning racks. I lucked out and bought mine with 4 turner racks for about $150. Lucky me hey?

I have a chance to buy a marsh rx2 for $400. Its about 4 years old. Does this seem reasonable to you or is the price a bit high. I am new to incubating and egg hatching. let me know what you think.

Thanks

John

I actually bought it used on craiglist... I got a good deal on it. Plus it included an additional thermostat, wafer, and two additional egg grids.
Just learning about incubators.... what exactly is a wafer? Those of you who use this one, have you had good success?

Just learning about incubators.... what exactly is a wafer? Those of you who use this one, have you had good success?
A wafer is a kind of thermostat. Thats about all I know about that. I just picked a Marsh Roll-X tonight. Everything appears to work great and the thermostat has been replaced but its not the wafer. It was dusty and dirty in the bottom so I have it soaking in CLR and water right now and I am going to blow the top out tomorrow with the air compressor! Can't wait to get a hatch going in it!

Thanks and congrats on the new incubator! I ended up passing on the one I found, but ended up buying an Incuview. I'm excited to give hatching a try too. :)

Back
Top Bottom