paint color inside coop walls - chicken preference??

gingerpeach22

Songster
9 Years
May 1, 2010
Fairbanks
Inside on plywood walls, I will use exterior semi gloss paint. (Is indoor/outdoor latex okay?). Is there a color to avoid - a color which chickens do not like? I'm thinking of white or light yellow or light blue due to darkness in winter.

Chickens absolutely HATE the color orange! Whatever you do, avoid it at all costs, you'll never get an egg!

Okay, just kidding.
big_smile.png
I don't think chickens care. Yes exterior latex will clean up best, or interior gloss. You are very thoughtful regarding your chooks and their needs. When I die I wouldn't mind coming back as one of your girls! Thanks for letting me pick on you!
wink.png

Put out some paint samples and see which one they like the best. If they peck it a lot they are likely to eat the paint off the wall,, if they don't touch it,, then they won't eat it.

I have wallpaper and paint in mine and I get an egg a day from each one of them...ROFL...Paint it a color that you enjoy being around and I am sure they will love it!

~Laura

I'd go to the mis-tint rack and let "$5 a gallon" decide.

I used white melamine masonite in my coop. The brightness really makes it pleasant, since it's about the smallest coop I'd want to have to go inside of. Bright colors will cheer the interior and make bugs more visible to the girls, too!

Back
Top Bottom