can a goose wear a diaper?

sydney13

Songster
Mar 11, 2010
Massachusetts
my goose is slowing becoming a bit of a house pet so im thinking she will need a diaper
roll.png
i know that you can buy diapers for geese but they seem a bit expensive so i was wondering if you think a regualar baby diaper would work well on a goose?

What you buy for a goose is a re-usable diaper harness with a pouch beneath the vent area. You put a piece of regular baby diaper in the pouch and change it regularly.

I don't think you can get a goose to wear a baby diaper - at least not for very long. But I would absolutely love to see you try!
pop.gif

Seriously, I think your goose will rip the diaper into little pieces, and I'm afraid she might accidentally swallow some of the material. That could be very harmful.

The diaper harness is made from sturdy gooseproof material. I've bought mine from www.thegoosesmother.com, but I found similar harnesses at www.indoorducks.com. Actually, the latter seems like the better choice, because the harnesses there are leak-proof. As soon as my goose is grown up, I will order a cuple of harnesses from there. I might even try the shoes, too, my poor little baby skids around a lot on my hardwood and tile floors.

ive never heard of indoor ducks and they seem to have great products and cute fabric designs so i think i will order from them
big_smile.png

any other links anyone knows of?

Nettie's stuff from Indoor Ducks is REALLY SUPER AWESOME. I'm such a fan. We got shoes for my rescued ducks to share, and they're made really well and keep the ducks from slipping everywhere.
smile.png
She's perfected her products because she has several indoor ducks herself. We're getting a diaper harness soon and cannot wait.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
You are entitled to your opinion but until you have tried it you are unqualified to comment!
smack.gif
roll.png
tongue2.gif

Everyone's fit and healthy in my house, the geese, the chicks the guinea fowl, the pheasants, the rheas..............
lau.gif
:lau:lau

Back
Top Bottom