San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

Pics

tigerrrrrrrlilly

Songster
9 Years
Mar 27, 2010
San Diego, CA
We have been quite busy with our successful meet-ups here in San Diego! Come introduce yourself and join the fun!

This Original Post will be regularly updated best I can! Please subscribe to keep up with what our group is doing and check back here often!

Most recent meet up is scheduled for : June 2nd, 2012 Everyone is welcome, bring a dish to share for potluck!! Feel free to bring your birds, pets and anything you would like to trade or share. (Not mandatory, you can just come and have fun)

DIRECTIONS AND INFO;

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/668269/san-diego-meet-up-june-2-2012#post_9020814

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah! How about somewhere off of Hwy 15 in Mira Mesa? My thought was that even if it was just a handful at first, we can grow! Heather, Nancy have already said they'd love to get together. We won't waste a whole day just a couple hours for lunch and then we're out of there to go home and take care of business.

Sounds fun to me! Is Heather or Nancy puresnowchick? If not I should tell her too.

A meetup would be really fun, we can actually put faces/personalities behind BYCers and actually make friends that understand chicken addiction without thinking we are wierd! lol
clap.gif

No I don't know who that is. So yes, invite her too! I always tell people that every neighborhood needs a "crazy old chicken lady" and well I guess I'm it for my "hood". hahahahaha
I guess the next step is to actually pick a date. How does September 25 look? Say 11:00?
Naomi

That day is fine for me. I PM'd puresnow so she can join in this thread too.

I can totally understand being the crazy chicken lady lol
I'm sure I seem pretty strange too, having a diapered duck in my house that attacks everyone who comes in my yard or to the door!

Raffle is a great idea.
thumbsup.gif
I do one where they give you a ticket for each item you bring, 2 tickets if you bring a bird (no males unless you bring a pair) then each person picks a prize when they win on a ticket. items can be anything, we usually bring, eggs, produce,crafts, books and just whatever... lol. It's like trading anyway when you just have a small group of people. Whatever y'all think and we can skip the bird part, if anyone wants to trade birds or eggs we could talk about that before then --- unless you all think it's a good idea to do that too.

I'm so glad we all have already made a date. How exciting! Can't wait to meet ya!

Back
Top Bottom