Chicken (Poultry) Addiction Anonymous *Chat Thread*

Muggsmagee

Menagerie Mama
13 Years
Dec 15, 2009
Central NY
Welcome to Chicken Addiction Anonymous! Here at CAA we offer you the chance to tell us your story of your addiction and how well you grasp the concept of chicken math. We leave you with the disclaimer that we are not here to help you, as we also suffer from Chicken addiction.

I wanted 5 chickens in the beginning...that's all I thought we could handle. It seemed like a huge number at the time. Eight months later we have over 100 and I want more! There are so many gorgeous birds out there...I see no end in sight!
wee.gif

The unseemly event that happened with my addiction, is the fact that my husband has become an enabler! Life is good!

Last edited:
My name is birdaholic, & I'm addicted to anything with feathers. It all started when I was born. Both of my parents were chicken junkies. I did good for a long time, but when I was 14, I had to try a chicken fix. It was such a rush to have my own birds. I am now 53 years old & have tried just about every fowl there is. I really think I need help,...........building more pens!

I've convinced DH to go to the NY chicken swap...I think we are bringing back home more chickens than we are selling there!
hide.gif

Hi my name is Baymule. I spent my summer Saturdays building a 8'x7' Fort Knox Coop and bought 2 hens, cause I wanted eggs NOW!! and didn't want to wait for little chickies to grow up. I live 4 blocks from city hall and the police station on a little lot with neighbors all around, so no rooster. My winter project is to build a run for my 2 hens so in the spring, I can get MORE. This time I will get little chickies because our 3 year old granddaughter loves the chickens and she will enjoy baby chicks so much. For the granddaughter..........of course.........

My name is Chickensioux and I am a birdaholic. I went to buy 4 chicks, came home with 7 and now have 26. Two years ago a friend of mine (a friend ?) gave me a Muscovy duckling. I now have 22 ducks of various breeds and sizes. In those 2 years (because I discovered BYC, yes BYC) I now have been turned onto geese, turkeys and pigeons. Dare I look at the ostrich section?

Quote:
And that's NOT the way it's supposed to work?
idunno.gif
th.gif

If I remember correctly, the premise for going was to dwindle the flock. Whoops.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom