Rope lights in chicken coop work great!!!

imamtgrandma2

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 20, 2010
5000' above Fresno, CA
I will have to take a picture tomorrow night but the rope light works great in the chicken coop! It's a mellow kind of light and it's on a timer that turns on at dusk for 3 hours (I can set it for up to 8 hours after dusk).
I made a hard cloth tube and fed the rope light through it and mounted it as high as possible. I don't think the Girls can get to it.
It was an 18' light so the rest is wound around the coop..looks like Vegas around there now. Ought to be really pretty in the snow.

I can't have anything hanging down (like with Christmas lights) as the coop is very short and the Girls could peck at anything hanging down. That's why the rope light really works well in this situation.

Great Idea!!!!!!!!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
me, too, love it!

(I am planning to put the solar pathway lights on my runs. My kids broke many of the stakes, so they don't stick in the ground anymore, but figured I could attach them to fence posts.)

Quote:
me, too, love it!

(I am planning to put the solar pathway lights on my runs. My kids broke many of the stakes, so they don't stick in the ground anymore, but figured I could attach them to fence posts.)

ah how cool is that! I can see my coop to be from the computer station here that would be very nice in winter to look out and see.

I plan on buying some extra strands of LED lights on the post-holiday sales this year.
wink.png

I think I have one or two extras in my Christmas boxes. They are coming out soon. I need just a touch of light in my bird room so that they don't go from total dark to total light. I could use a nightlight but I already "have" the Christmas lights.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom