What color should easter egger chicks legs be?

AnimalFriend<3

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jan 21, 2011
I have some easter egger chicks on the way and I was wondering what color their legs should be. I know typically the adults have the green/slate legs but most of the chicks I've seen have had orange/yellow legs. Will it change as they get older? Will they not lay the blue or green eggs if they have yellow legs? Please add pictures if you have them. Any advice on this breed is welcomed. Thanks!
D.gif

Green or Blue I believe. I have two with green legs and one with blue. They were pritty much the same colors as chicks as when they grew up; they just got a little darker with age.

Last edited:
Most are green and blue as I think they should be to be an EE. There are those that are breeding out to other breeds coming up with yellow legs and are calling them Easter Eggers just because they lay green or blue eggs though.

Last edited:
Easter eggers are mutts, they have no set standard.. Ameracauna's, and Aracauna's do, but EE's do not. EE's are the mutts of said previous breeds, they may come white, yellow, blue, green, black legged. Single, pea, rose, etc comb. Silkie feathered, non-Silkie feathered.. You name it..

The typical EE though, does indeed have green/blue legs. They may be yellow at first, or yellow with a green tint and will change with age.. Or they may stay, or that may come with green legs straight out of the shell. Depends on the genetic background.

-Daniel

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh their a breed all right just not a recognized breed per "APA".

EE is something that lays Green/Blue/Pink eggs...that dosn't make them a breed. Their Breed Counter Part would be Araucanas and Ameraucanas.

Back
Top Bottom