Show me your Easter Egger chicks please.

Pics

Grammahen

Songster
12 Years
Feb 23, 2009
Southern New Hampshire
Does anyone have any pictures of their Easter Egger chicks and what they end up looking like full grown? I would love to find out what my new chicks will end up looking like. I have one that is a chipmunk color, one that is chocolate brown and one that is yellow with a few spots on her back. ...or am I killing the mystery? LOL
lol.png

By definition, EE's are a glorious grab bag as far as heritage - you never know (unless you really do know) what you're going to end up with. I have three, and two were almost identical chipmunks when I got them, they look completely different now. I think it's part of their charm.
big_smile.png

The two little chipmunks are already changing in appearance at about two weeks, the one in the back is my other EE:
51523_easter_egger_babies.jpg

Same birds at about 16 weeks, the one with blue is not one of the chipmunk chicks:
51523_dsc02456.jpg

51523_dsc02461.jpg

Their coloring and feather patterns continued to change somewhat after these photos and they became very pretty hens who lay very pretty eggs.

We had a "problem child" EE from the very start.
She was always pecking at and chasing all the other baby chicks.
We named her Cull early on.

She is almost 5 weeks old now and still the most difficult of the bunch.
She is no longer the bully, but she is always the last one to allow me to catch her.
And when I do catch her, she screams like she's being killed.

Anyway, she turned out to be quite pretty.

Here she is as a day old chickie:

chicks021.jpg

And here she is at about a month old.

chickies131.jpg

This was taken a few days ago.

ittybitties035.jpg

Here are some of my Easter Eggers, they will be 3 weeks old on Tuesday. So some of the pics are in different stages. I need to update them. I too am very curios and excited to see what mine will look like as adults. I do have one that I think will remain pure white.

DSC_0259.jpg

DSC_0219.jpg

DSC_0098.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

Back
Top Bottom