Pictures of suburban set ups?

newchknmama

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 23, 2011
Middleton ID
We live in a subdivision.. a quarter of an acre and I have 5 chickies. Id like to see what others have done on thier small lots ie < an acre. My husband is worried about our little plot of land looking trashy and I keep assuring him we can keep it manicured and still have the chickens.. so please show me what you have for a set up and that it can be done tastefully. We will save the barnyard feel when we get the larger plot of land we want
smile.png

This is my coop (before it was painted mint green, pink trim and white doors). It's about 6' x 4' with a 1' nest box extension off the back, mini barn style door in front, full size door on the side for easy access to clean. I only have a 1/4 acre myself. The chicken area is fenced in with picket fence. It appears at first glance to just be a cute playhouse and yard for kids. I have hardware cloth along the inside of the fence you can barely see to keep the chickens from squeezing through and pooping all over the non-chicken areas of my yard.
52356_coop.jpg

Just finished this one last weekend, first one was only 2'x4'. Needed to give them more space so the new coop is 4'x8' with a 10'x10' run.
I used some lexan I had to let some light in at the top. I am very new to having chickens and any input or advice would be appreciated.
Looking forward to the first fresh eggs

IMG_4744.jpg

IMG_4745.jpg

IMG_4746.jpg

IMG_4748.jpg

55194_6-9-10_004.jpg

We also live on 1/4 acre lot. Ours is a small, nicely painted, ark-style coop as to not annoy the neighbors that have to look into our yard. Where in ID are you at?

Back
Top Bottom