Anyone have plans to make a plucker from a working washing machine?

andalusn

Songster
10 Years
Sep 6, 2009
Ridgefield, WA
I have the plans for the Whizbang version but saw a video of basically the same thing but it was a washing machine that was "modified". Anyone know where I can get plans for this type of chicken plucker?

I've seen lots of whizbang plucker videos. And the table-top kinds... some attached to drills. And I've seen one video of a disassembled dryer with plucking fingers attached to the outer side of the drum and was basically a huge table-top kind.

But I don't think I've seen a video of a modified washing machine. Can you link the video?

I too am researching the different options out there.

Cheers!

Last edited:
So Monday is laundry day and Friday is butchering day?
lau.gif
Sorry, the mental idea just kinda has me rollin over here!

Ha... look at that. Very nice looking install.

Looks like they used the washing machine drum and installed the plucking fingers in it.
They also cut out the bottom of the drum and installed a whizbang-style feather-plate with fingers on it.
Pretty cool how they used the washer plumbing to have it spray water in the tub.

The big question for me would be how it's all assembled "under the hood".
How do they attach/spin the feather-plate? Were they able to use the washer motor?

The video caption dated Sept,28 '08 says
I submitted an article to Backyard Poultry magazine on a tub plucker we made out of a washing mashine. The article, parts break down, and plans should be in a future issue.

Anyone ever see that article?

Cheers!​

Quote:

Cheers!

I sent an email to the poster of the video and he sent me a pdf of the directions on how it was made. Just received them today in fact
smile.png
DH has more reading material!

Quote:

Cheers!

I sent an email to the poster of the video and he sent me a pdf of the directions on how it was made. Just received them today in fact
smile.png

What a tease! Please post a link!

DH and I are still considering whether to try meat birds or not. If we decide to, then we're trying one of the washing machine pluckers - those rubber fingers are expensive though!!! At least enough for a washer.

Quote:
smile.png

What a tease! Please post a link!

Not sure what you mean, the link to the utube video? It's easy to find by searching their site and entering in "chicken plucker". I had to go through utube to email the creator of the video or his plans. There is not a lot from the actual washing machine that is used.

Back
Top Bottom